AWS released new revamped version of AWS Certified Developer Associate (CDA) Exam during June. They have announced that previous version will not available after November, 19.
I recently passed the exam and I will be sharing what I did to pass the exam and how much time it took me to get exam ready.
Cost of Exam: $150
Let us divide the preparation in 4 phases:
Phase 1: Professional level Software Development
To pass this exam it is better to have at least 1 year of software development experience at professional level. Having 1 year experience in developing apps on AWS is added advantage.
Understand how Web Apps are designed, developed, tested, deployed etc.
Phase 2: Start with this online course(4 Weeks)
I bought the A Cloud Guru course on Udemy for AWS CDA for the preparation.
- The course is designed specifically for this exam. The course includes only points which are important for the exam. It does not cover all the services of AWS.
- Make Notes or Summary.
- Cost of the Course – I bought for $10. The price is varies. So check out the latest price and buy the course.
Phase 3: Read White Papers(1 Week)
After completing the above course read AWS official white papers present in the exam guide in this link.
- AWS Security Best Practices
- AWS Well-Architected Framework
- Practicing Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery on AWS Accelerating Software Delivery with DevOps
- Microservices on AWS
- Serverless Architectures with AWS Lambda
- Optimizing Enterprise Economics with Serverless Architectures
They are not much complex, the average length of each paper is 40 pages. So you can cover each in a day at least. They help with better understanding of the AWS best practices and AWS architecture.
Phase 4: Practice Papers(1 Week)
- I would recommend Whizlabs practice tests.
- Amazon’s $20 Practice test are optional. I noticed Whizlabs covering the Amazon Practice test questions also.
- Whizlabs provides detailed analysis of questions. Don’t forget to go through the answers they provide to practice questions. Make notes.
- Cost of Whizlabs Practice test: Rs 999 ($13 to $14)
Phase 5: Rigorous 2 weeks preparation
- Iterate over Phase 2 to Phase 4
- I watched A cloud guru course twice at 2x speed.
- Read White Papers twice.
- Practice test question 2 times and check and analyze your score.
It took me 8 Weeks in total to cover the exam preparation.
Important Services you must cover (including FAQs and Documentation also)
- API Gateway
- Elastic Container Service
- Elastic BeanStalk
Hope it helps!
For any queries, drop a comment!