Today (April 11, 2021), I passed the Microsoft Azure’s foundational level exam known as Azure fundamentals. Just Getting Started! YAY!
In this blog post I will share what I did to prepare for the AZ-900 exam and become Microsoft certified professional.
Microsoft says the objective of this exam is to demonstrate foundational level knowledge of cloud services and how those services are provided with Azure.
No prior technical IT experience is required. Both technical and non-technical background candidates can take the exam.
Skills Measured with this exam are:
- Describe Cloud Concepts (15-20%)
- Describe Core Azure Services (30-35%)
- Describe Security, Privacy, Compliance, and Trust (25-30%)
- Describe Azure Pricing, Service Level Agreements, and Lifecycles (20-25%)
Cost of Exam:
The exam costs around USD $99 or INR 3696 in India.
How to prepare:
It took me 3 Weeks to prepare for the exam.
Week 1 & 2: Start with AZ-900 course on Microsoft Learn portal
- Use this link to get started : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/paths/az-900-describe-cloud-concepts/
- The are 6 parts in this learning path, cover all those
- 2 weeks are enough for this, make notes
- Use azure sandboxes to do hands-on with core azure services
Week 3: Practice tests
- I bought Whizlabs practice tests for this exam, use https://whizlabs.com/learn/course/microsoft-azure-az-900
- There are 6 practice papers, practice all of them, try giving two per day and review incorrect answers
- I also went through practice papers present in Examtopics, check https://www.examtopics.com/exams/microsoft/az-900/view/
- The examtopics practice papers were more helpful as they covered latest question patterns
- Revisit the core concepts like compute, networking, security, pricing and support
- The exam is of 60 mins, with 40-50 questions
- The exam is neither very easy not tough so if you have covered all topics it should be easier to pass.
- Login to Pearson VUE 30 mins prior to exam time and carry a valid ID and prepare your desk accordingly if you are attempting from home
This exam is not difficult to pass! It takes time and practice to prepare but nothing impossible. The thing is to find your learning routine and constant progress! Good Luck! 🙂
For anymore queries related to certification, feel free to DM me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sarthaksri/