Your data on AWS or any other public cloud service provider is entirely secured given you comply and use them within their Security Guidelines.
For example, you should not share/use API or Machine Access Keys in your code. And even if you did and you uploaded your code on GitHub in Public Repo, your Access Key can be misused and your hacked before you know it.
AWS provides security features and platforms to help you to develop, host and deploy apps and data. Few of the features involve:
- Infrastructure Security
- Network firewalls built into Amazon VPC
- Web application firewall capabilities in AWS WAF
- Enable private, or dedicated, connections from your office or on-premises environment
- DDOS Mitigation
- AWS technologies like autoscaling, Amazon CloudFront and Amazon Route 53 help to mitigate Distributed Denial of Service attacks.
- Data Encyption
- Data encryption capabilities available in AWS storage and database services
- Flexible key management options with AWS KMS
- Encrypted message queues for the transmission of sensitive data using server-side encryption (SSE)
- Inventory and Configuration
- A security assessment service, Amazon Inspector, that automatically assesses applications for vulnerabilities
- Inventory and configuration management tools, including AWS Config, that identify AWS resources and then track and manage changes to those resources over time
- Secure Deployment and Template formation tools
- Monitoring and Logging
- API insights with AWS CloudTrail
- Log aggregation options, streamlining investigations and compliance reporting
- Alert notifications through Amazon CloudWatch
- Identity and Access Control
- Define individual user accounts with permissions across AWS resources
- AWS Multi-Factor Authentication for privileged accounts, including options for hardware-based authenticator
- AWS Directory Service
Other then these and rest of In-built security features and guidelines on it Services AWS provides Security Support and Professional Services who can provide strategic support to build In-depth Security Solutions.
For more information Please visit – Cloud Security – AWS